American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Formed in the shape of an arc.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Bow-shaped; curved; arched.
- Having the form or structure of the shell of the molluscan genus Area.
- adj. Having the form of bow (weapon)
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Having the form of arch; curved.
- adj. forming or resembling an arch
- Latin arcus ("bow") + -form (Wiktionary)
- Latin arci- (from arcus, bow) + -form. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“He would search for the minuscule and the uncelebrated, the unlikely structures of elemental form—the helix inside honeycomb, the symmetry of a thyme leaf, the arciform of a daylily.”
“This dual power generating system consists of arciform photovoltaic cells that absorb all the goodness of the sun.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘arciform’.
Not just rare words, but thousands of RARE WORDS WITH DEFINITIONS.
If you want to see the definitions, too, go to
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Looking for tweets for arciform.