from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Formed in the shape of an arc.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having the form of a bow (weapon)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the form of an arch; curved.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Bow-shaped; curved; arched.
- Having the form or structure of the shell of the molluscan genus Area.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. forming or resembling an arch
He would search for the minuscule and the uncelebrated, the unlikely structures of elemental form—the helix inside honeycomb, the symmetry of a thyme leaf, the arciform of a daylily.
This dual power generating system consists of arciform photovoltaic cells that absorb all the goodness of the sun.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.