from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Elevated in rank, character, or status.
- adj. Lofty; sublime; noble: an exalted dedication to liberty.
- adj. Exaggerated; inflated: He has an exalted sense of his importance to the project.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of exalt.
- adj. Praised, or honored.
- adj. Noble, sublime; heavenly.
- adj. Elated; blissful.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Raised to lofty height; elevated; extolled; refined; dignified; sublime.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Raised to a height; elevated highly; dignified; sublime; lofty.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of high moral or intellectual value; elevated in nature or style
Sorry, no etymologies found.