from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Feeling, causing, or indicating joy. See Synonyms at glad1.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Feeling or causing joy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Full of joy; having or causing joy; very glad.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of joy; very glad; feeling delight; exulting.
- Manifesting joy or rejoicing; arising from or expressing gladness; exultant.
- Causing joy or gladness; giving happiness; delightful: as, a joyful sight.
- Synonyms Festive, blithe, gay, joyous, happy, glad, delighted.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. full of or producing joy
- adj. full of high-spirited delight
From joy + -ful. (Wiktionary)