from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Filled with great joy or rapture; ecstatic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. The state or condition of being full of rapture
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Ecstatic; transporting; ravishing; feeling, expressing, or manifesting rapture
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of the character of rapture; marked by rapture; exciting or manifesting rapture; ecstatically joyous or exalted: as, rapturous exultation; a rapturous look; a rapturous scene.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. feeling great rapture or delight
Sorry, no etymologies found.