American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Resembling a dream; ethereal or vague.
- adj. Given to daydreams or reverie.
- adj. Soothing and serene.
- adj. Informal Inspiring delight; wonderful.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of dreams; given to dreaming; relating to or associated with dreams; giving rise to dreams: as, dreamy moods.
- Having the characteristics of a dream; consisting of or resembling idle imaginations; dream-like; vague; indistinct; visionary: as, he led a dreamy existence.
- adj. As in a dream; resembling a dream.
- adj. colloquial sexy; handsome; attractive
- adj. having a pleasant or romantic atmosphere
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Abounding in dreams or given to dreaming; appropriate to, or like, dreams; visionary.
- adj. soothing; restful.
- adj. informal Like what one dreams of; wonderful; delightful; marvelous; ideal.
- adj. Prone to indulge in fantasy or daydreaming.
- adj. dreamy in mood or nature
- adj. lacking spirit or liveliness
“Throw in a New York Times crossword puzzle and a can of mixed nuts, and that's what I call a dreamy day.”
““Hell,” her mother says, examining the wound the way she always examines her face, with her lips parted and her forehead scrunched, her chin tilted upward and her expression dreamy, as if blurring her eyes, seducing her reflected image.”
“He blamed the fairy tales of her childhood, the influence of her school companions, the poetry and novels of later years as the chief causes of what he called her dreamy ways and romantic nonsense, and he determined that Marjory should be very differently brought up.”
“And with all the ritzy, high-profile hotels in dreamy Istanbul, his small hotel is one of the top rated -- because of him.”
“The Crees and voyageurs felt the spirit of it and mumbled in dreamy undertones, and the cook unconsciously subdued the clatter of pot and pan.”
“Idalia stared off into space, her expression dreamy as she remembered.”
“A class act all the way, in dreamy black and white.”
“Returning to Uzbekistan from two weeks in dreamy Turkey is a lot like waking up with a hangover … you either want to stay in bed, or order up a double Bloody Mary.”
“Robina sucked in dreamy silence for a few seconds; then she murmured the one word:”
“Big Fan to sag in the middle and dallying in short, dreamy sequences.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘dreamy’.
A Russian Doll word is a word that, when you remove the first and last letters, is either the empty string, or a Russian Doll word. These are all of the 6 or more letter Russian Doll words found in...
BRING IT ON!!!!!
What a -Y does to an otherwise common, dull word
Quiet, shy, Introverted, reserved, isolated, mysterious
emotions, reactions, senses, how do we feel when we wear gold, generational, memories,
( randomness, dreams, creativity )
words or phrases related to all things dreamy
Or honey, or baby, or ...
(A Valentine's Day list.)
The middle-aged corporate marketer's version of a teen lexicon.
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favourite word" and adds it to this list.
bumwank, calamity, recalcitrant, gayenese, jeeze, nonsense, flabbergasted, juxtapose, procrastinating, ossanity, biffing, loser and 1972 more...
The present, the future. Goals, wishes, hopes.
A complete list of the green cards (adjectives) from the popular word game.
Looking for tweets for dreamy.