from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal An article or a product of superior size, quality, or grade.
- n. Informal A superintendent in an apartment or office building.
- n. Informal A supernumerary.
- n. Printing A thin starched cotton mesh used to reinforce the spines and covers of books.
- adj. Informal Very large, great, or extreme: "yet another super Skyscraper” ( Dylan Thomas).
- adj. Informal Excellent; first-rate: a super party.
- adv. Informal Especially; extremely: a super accurate missile; was super careful.
- transitive v. Printing To reinforce (a book spine or cover) with super.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of excellent quality, superfine.
- adj. better than average, better than usual; wonderful.
- adv. Very; extremely (used like the prefix super-).
- n. Abbreviation of superintendent in the sense of a building's resident manager, sometimes clarified as "building super".
- n. Short form of superannuation, the Australian/New Zealand retirement benefits or pension scheme.
- n. An empty box placed above the existing boxes of the beehive in order to allow the colony to expand or store additional honey.
- v. To add or to place a super atop the existing boxes of the beehive.
- n. superhero.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A contraction of supernumerary, in sense 2.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A prefix of Latin origin, meaning ‘over, above, beyond’: equivalent to hyper- of Greek origin, or over- of English origin.
- n. A supernumerary; specifically, a supernumerary actor.
- n. A superhive. See bar super, under bar.
- n. A superintendent.
- n. One of the medium or middle sorts of a fleece of wool.
- n. An abbreviation of superior
- n. of superfine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. to an extreme degree
- adj. of the highest quality
- adj. including more than a specified category
- adj. extremely large
- n. a caretaker for an apartment house; represents the owner as janitor and rent collector
From super-.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From superfine (Wiktionary)
From superintendent (Wiktionary)
From superannuation (Wiktionary)
Shortened form of superhive. (Wiktionary)
Shortened form of superhero. (Wiktionary)