from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A minor role in a theatrical production, usually without speaking lines.
- n. A performer playing such a role.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A student athlete that wants to try out for a college sports/athletic team without the benefit of a scholarship or having been recruited.
- n. An actor of a small (or "bit") part in a theatrical production or film, often without speaking lines.
- n. Such a part in a play or film. Usually as walk-on role or walk-on part.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. plays a small part in a dramatic production
- adj. not capable of or especially not involving speech or spoken lines
Sorry, no etymologies found.