from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An employee of a department store who supervises sales personnel and assists customers. Also called floor manager.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An employee in a large shop (especially a department store) who acts as supervisor to sales staff, and assists customers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who walks about in a large retail store as an overseer and director.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A person employed in a large retail shop to walk about the place, give information to customers, watch their conduct and that of employees, etc. Also called shop-walker.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an employee of a retail store who supervises sales personnel and helps with customer problems
Sorry, no etymologies found.