from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that visits: Sunday afternoon visitors; lost the game to the visitors.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who visits someone else; someone staying as a guest.
- n. Someone who pays a visit to a specific place or event; a sightseer or tourist.
- n. Someone, or a team, that is playing away from home.
- n. An extraterrestrial being on Earth for any reason.
- n. An object which lands or passes by Earth or its orbit.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- One who visits; one who comes or goes to see another, as in civility or friendship.
- A superior, or a person lawfully appointed for the purpose, who makes formal visits of inspection to a corporation or an institution. See Visit, v. t., 2, and Visitation, n., 2.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who visits.
- n. A superior or person authorized to visit a corporation or any institution, for the purpose of seeing that the laws and regulations are observed, or that the duties and conditions prescribed by the founder or by law are duly performed or executed.
- n. In zoology, a visitant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who visits
Sorry, no etymologies found.