from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that arrives or comes: free food for all comers.
- n. One showing promise of attaining success: a political comer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. one in a race who is catching up to others and shows promise of winning
- n. one who is catching up in some contest and has a likelihood of victory
- n. One who arrives
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who comes, or who has come; one who has arrived, and is present.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who comes; one who approaches, or has lately arrived: often applied to things.
- n. In stock-raising, an animal that is ‘coming on’ or promises well.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone with a promising future
- n. someone who arrives (or has arrived)
Sorry, no etymologies found.