from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that wins, especially a victor in sports or a notably successful person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who has won or often wins.
- n. A point or goal that wins a competition.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who wins, or gains by success in competition, contest, or gaming.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which wins; a successful contestant or competitor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person with a record of successes
- n. a gambler who wins a bet
- n. the contestant who wins the contest
Sorry, no etymologies found.