American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One that sins or does wrong; a transgressor.
- n. A scamp.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who sins; one who disobeys or transgresses the divine law.
- n. One who fails in any duty or transgresses any law; an offender; a criminal.
- To act as a sinner: with indefinite it.
- n. a person who has sinned
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who has sinned; especially, one who has sinned without repenting; hence, a persistent and incorrigible transgressor; one condemned by the law of God.
- v. Humorous To act as a sinner.
- n. a person who sins (without repenting)
- sin + -er. (Wiktionary)
“S. Augustine says : "If God did not hear sinners, in vain would the publican have said, _God be merciful to me a sinner_"; and S. Chrysostom says : "_Every one that asketh receiveth_ -- that is, whether he be just man or sinner.”
“The grace of God in calling a sinner is a powerful engagement to holiness.”
““He would be what we call a sinner and he needs to make a change in his life.””
“Interestingly, in Jewish society today, the job title tax collector has become synonymous with the word sinner!”
“You see a sinner is always a sinner and in danger of damnation, for which there is but one cure, but a sick man may have quinsy or he may have diphtheria, and the treatment is different.”
“God's goodness realized by the sinner is the only thing that leads to true repentance (Ho 3: 5; Lu 7: 37, 38).”
“English narrator, who was, as he told the missionary, "what you call a sinner, what I call a sweep," but repented in time.”
“The conversion of a sinner is the cure of a chronic disease; this is ordinarily done by the word,”
“The conversion of a sinner is the translation of a soul into the kingdom of Christ out of the kingdom of the devil.”
“Note, How bold a sinner is the forward and severe censurer!”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘sinner’.
words for those who commit particular crimes: i.e., bank robber, arsonist, etc.
Protagonists and relevant words in the Book of Creation (Source: King James Bible)
Words in the Bible evoking biblical stories or with special spiritual meaning. Proper names have been reduced to the minimum.
Christian word branding; common English word-associatives connected to Bible terminology or scripture.
I also have a general Bible-word list.
Terms describing roguish persons.
Words that I used to know.
Looking for tweets for sinner.