from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that sins or does wrong; a transgressor.
- n. A scamp.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a person who has sinned
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who has sinned; especially, one who has sinned without repenting; hence, a persistent and incorrigible transgressor; one condemned by the law of God.
- intransitive v. To act as a sinner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who sins; one who disobeys or transgresses the divine law.
- n. One who fails in any duty or transgresses any law; an offender; a criminal.
- To act as a sinner: with indefinite it.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who sins (without repenting)
sin + -er. (Wiktionary)