from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A liquid, such as turpentine, mixed with paint or varnish to reduce its viscosity and make it easier to apply.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. comparative form of thin: more thin
- n. A liquid substance used to thin the consistency of another liquid.
- n. Something that thins.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who thins, or makes thinner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Specifically, a liquid used in thinning down a paste paint. Liquids so used are linseed-oil, Japan drier, and turpentine.
- n. One who or that which thins.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a diluting agent
Sorry, no etymologies found.