from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Chemistry That can be mixed in all proportions. Used of liquids.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. that can be mixed together in all proportions
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being mixed; mixable.
- adj. Mixable in all proportions; forming a single phase when mixed in any proportion; -- of liquids.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being mixed: as, oil and water are not miscible.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (chemistry, physics) capable of being mixed
Medieval Latin miscibilis, from Latin miscēre, to mix; see meik- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)