from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Permitted; allowable: permissible tax deductions; permissible behavior in school.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. permitted.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. That may be permitted; allowable; admissible.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Proper to be permitted or allowed; allowable.
- Synonyms Lawful, legitimate, proper.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. that may be accepted or conceded
- adj. that may be permitted especially as according to rule
Sorry, no etymologies found.