from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Capable of being defended, protected, or justified: defensible arguments.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. capable of being defended against armed attack
- adj. capable of being justified
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being defended.
- adj. Capable of offering defense.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being defended: as, a defensible city.
- That may be vindicated, maintained, or justified: as, a defensible cause.
- Contributing to defense; capable of defending; prepared to defend.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of being defended
defense + -ible (Wiktionary)