American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Right or proper; just.
- adj. Having a just or proper claim: Return this dog to its rightful owner.
- adj. Held or owned by just or proper claim: This land is my rightful property.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Righteous; upright; just and good.
- Just; consonant to justice: as, a rightful cause; a rightful war.
- Having the right or just claim according to established laws: as, the rightful heir to a throne or an estate.
- Being or belonging by right or just claim: as, one's rightful property.
- Proper; suitable; appropriate.
- =Syn. 2-4. Just, Upright, etc. (see righteous), true, lawful, proper.
- adj. By right, by law.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. obsolete Righteous; upright; just; good; -- said of persons.
- adj. Consonant to justice; just.
- adj. Having the right or just claim according to established laws; being or holding by right
- adj. Belonging, held, or possessed by right, or by just claim
- adj. having a legally established claim
- adj. legally valid
“We're live as he shows up to take what he calls his rightful place.”
“He expressed appreciation for South Africa's support of what he termed a rightful struggle.”
“Actions like these will make it very hard for your sons to claim what you refer to as their rightful share.”
“Kansas is not THAT cold (although it might not be in rightful relativity compared to Minnesota) suz on”
“Obedience: to God, to conscience, to those in rightful authority.”
“England, and incite the people to bring back him they called their rightful king.”
“He does not purpose to come back to France unless he whom he calls his rightful king again rules the land.”
“An elfin man of doleful mien, Mr. Wisdom was often described as the rightful heir to”
“Sound now the horn which King Oberon did give you-for this is so great a peril that he will grant your call a rightful one.”
“This hall has been called his rightful kingdom; he sits among the other minstrels consciously like a young monarch.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘rightful’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
Words that make other words with the addition of one letter at the beginning. The resulting words are tagged "behead".
Positive words and vague promises. THE words and expressions to use when you want to win over the masses or just don't know what to say.
"CAPITAL" stands for the administrative capital...
Just like it says
Looking for tweets for rightful.