American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Not changed, modified, or affected.
- adj. Marked by lack of affectation; genuine. See Synonyms at naive.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not affected. Not acted upon; not influenced; not altered.
- Not moved; not having the heart or passions touched; destitute of affection or emotion.
- Not showing affectation; plain; natural; not artificial; simple.
- Real; not pretended; sincere: as, unaffected sorrow.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Not affected or moved; destitute of affection or emotion; uninfluenced.
- adj. Free from affectation; plain; simple; natural; real; sincere; genuine.
- adj. free of artificiality; sincere and genuine
- adj. unaware of or indifferent to
- adj. undergoing no change when acted upon
- adj. emotionally unmoved
- un- + affected. (Wiktionary)
“The only one left unaffected is the one refusing to take the vaccine.”
“Codon content and bonding explanations remain unaffected but function is gone.”
“People don't like to believe this, but there is no way human beings can remain unaffected by what is done to other human beings, or even to animals who are not human.”
“Nothing could remain unaffected; every aspect of life was irrevocably altered from the time the Spaniards arrived.”
“The mordant still had to penetrate the fiber — a good printed fabric, like any good dyed fabric, was colored as evenly on the reverse as on the face — but had to remain unaffected by capillary action.”
“Last month the Belgian financial newspaper De Tijd started trying the Dutch-developed iLiad e-reader, a portable device which boasts “digital ink” that allows the screen to remain unaffected by full sunlight and offers a writing experience similar to paper.”
“- Iraqi relationship would remain unaffected by Iraq's domestic policies.”
“But the sight of grossly overweight people huffing and puffing out of their SUVs at gas stations in unaffected areas and bitching about gas prices is not edifying.”
“Or perhaps you are implying that aggressive action by high-profile schools unaffected is a cheap PR tactic?”
“Today any accessible, fast-moving story written in unaffected prose is deemed to be "genre fiction" — at best an excellent "read" or a "page turner," but never literature with a capital L.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘unaffected’.
Use these and get promoted
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Looking for tweets for unaffected.