from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Referring to something that has been noticed.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of detect.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In entomology, uncovered: applied to the hemelytra of heteropterous Hemiptera when, as in most species, they are not covered by the scutellum: opposed to obtected.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. perceived or discerned
- adj. perceived with the mind
Sorry, no etymologies found.