from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not joined or connected.
- adj. Not coherent; disconnected: unconnected sentences.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. not connected or joined
- adj. confused or disconnected
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not connected; not united; separate.
- Without connections or relations; specifically, without family, friends, or special obligations.
- Not coherent; not connected by proper transitions or dependence of parts; loose; vague; rambling; desultory: as, an unconnected discourse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not joined or linked together
- adj. lacking orderly continuity
- adj. not connected by birth or family
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The second theme in my eyes was a hard critique of isolated nuclear families unconnected from a wider community and a hard critique of prejudice generally.
Apophenia is the psychopathology of seeing meaningful patterns in unconnected, random data.
Antoninus wrote down his reflections for his own use only, in short unconnected paragraphs, which are often obscure.
Antoninus wrote down his reflections for his own use only, in short, unconnected paragraphs, which are often obscure.
One with the guy drunken, with a blonde whom the paper edition gallantly identifies as unconnected, though the website does not.
However the divide between the haves and the unconnected is a challenge with around 10 million homes with no net access and sticking.
But an MP3 player with a music store and hundreds of music channels built-in could make the iPod seem unconnected, which is rarely a good thing to be Eliot Van Buskirk, who also contributes to the Listening Post blog , has covered digital music since 1998, after seeing the world's first MP3 player sitting on a colleague's desk.
That is unconnected, which is not derived from the cause itself, and is not joined to the whole speech as a limb is to the body.
Not a single word unconnected with his trade, the weather, or an accident, had ever reached the friends 'ears from Chello's thick lips, and this circumstance seemed to warrant Hermon in the expectation of learning from him the pure, unadulterated truth.
Not a single word unconnected with his trade, the weather, or an accident, had ever reached the friends 'ears from
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.