from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Unrelated to the matter being considered.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not related, not applicable, unimportant, not connected.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not relevant; not having relation; not applicable or pertinent.
- In law. having no legitimate bearing on the real question. See immaterial, incompetent, relevant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having no bearing on or connection with the subject at issue
Sorry, no etymologies found.