from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not required or requested; unwanted: uncalled-for suggestions.
- adj. Not justified or deserved; unwarranted: uncalled-for rudeness.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Unwanted; not requested or required.
- adj. Unwarranted, disproportionate, or inappropriate; not deserved or justified, especially when rude or offensive.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not called for; not required or needed; improper; gratuitous; wanton.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not required or requested
- adj. unnecessary and unwarranted
Sorry, no etymologies found.