from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having no obvious cause; fortuitous or inexplicable
- adj. groundless or unreasonable
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. 1. Self-originating; uncreated.
- adj. Without just or sufficient reason; groundless.
- adv. Without cause or reason.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having no cause or producing agent; self-originated; uncreated.
- Without just ground, reason, or motive: as, causeless hatred; causeless fear.
- Without cause.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having no cause or apparent cause
- adj. having no justifying cause or reason
cause + -less (Wiktionary)