from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or exhibiting uncompromising determination; unyielding: an unrelenting human rights worker.
- adj. Not diminishing in intensity, pace, or effort: an unrelenting ice storm.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not relenting; having no pity; not being or becoming lenient, mild, gentle, or merciful; unyielding; inflexibly rigid; hard; stern; cruel.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not relenting; unyielding; rigid; hard; stern; cruel.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- That does not or will not relent; not being or becoming lenient, mild, gentle, or merciful; continuing to be hard, severe, pitiless, hostile, or cold; inexorable; unyielding.
- Synonyms Relentless, Implacable, etc. (see inexorable), merciless, hard-hearted, unsparing, unpitying, rigorous, cruel.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. never-ceasing
- adj. not to be placated or appeased or moved by entreaty
- adj. harsh
Sorry, no etymologies found.