from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of plod.
- adj. Progressing slowly and laboriously.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Progressing in a slow, toilsome manner; characterized by laborious diligence
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Moving or working with slow and patient diligence; patiently laborious: as, a man of plodding habits.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of movement) slow and laborious
- n. hard monotonous routine work
- n. the act of walking with a slow heavy gait
Sorry, no etymologies found.