from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Sounded or spoken in an unvarying tone.
- adj. Tediously repetitious or lacking in variety. See Synonyms at boring.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having an unvarying tone or pitch
- adj. tedious, repetitious or lacking in variety
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Uttered in one unvarying tone; continued with dull uniformity; characterized by monotony; without change or variety; wearisome.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Characterized by monotony; continued in the same tone without inflection or cadence; unvaried in tone.
- Unvarying in any respect; tiresomely uniform.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. tediously repetitious or lacking in variety
- adj. sounded or spoken in a tone unvarying in pitch
From Greek monotonos : mono-, mono- + tonos, tone; see tone.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
monotone + -ous (Wiktionary)