from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or having rhythm; recurring with measured regularity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to rhythm.
- adj. Characterized by rhythm.
- adj. Written in verse, especially rhyming verse.
- adj. With regular, repetitive motion or sound.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or of the nature of, rhythm.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as rhythmical.
- n. Same as rhythmics.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. recurring with measured regularity
From Ancient Greek ῥύθμικος (rhythmikos), from ῥυθμός (rhuthmos, "measured flow or movement, symmetry, rhythm"), from ῥέω (rheō, "flow, run, stream, gush"), + adjective suffix -ικος (-ikos). (Wiktionary)