from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or consisting of spondees.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having or relating to spondees.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a spondee; consisting of spondees.
- adj. Containing spondees in excess; marked by spondees.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In ancient prosody: Of or pertaining to a spondee; constituting a spondee; consisting of spondees.
- Having a spondee in the fifth place: noting a dactylic hexameter of the exceptional form the fifth foot being regularly a dactyl.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or consisting of spondees
French spondaïque, from Late Latin spondaicus, alteration of spondīacus, from Greek spondeiakos, from spondeios, spondee; see spondee.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin spondaicus, spondiacus, Ancient Greek σπονδειακός (spondeiakos, "(music) used at a libation"). (Wiktionary)