from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or consisting of trochees.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Referring to poetry composed of trochees, feet of one stressed syllable followed by an unstressed syllable.
- n. A poetical composition of this kind.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A trochaic verse or measure.
- adj. Of or pertaining to trochees; consisting of trochees.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or characteristic of a trochee: as, trochaic rhythm.
- Constituting or equivalent to a trochee: as, a trochaic foot.
- Consisting or composed of trochees: as, trochaic verses.
- n. A trochaic verse or period.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or consisting of trochees
Latin trochāicus, from Greek trokhāikos, from trokhaios, trochee; see trochee.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)