from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Shaking; trembling.
- adj. Undergoing pulsation; pulsating.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. palpitating, throbbing
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Palpitating; throbbing; trembling.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Palpitating; pulsating or throbbing visibly; quivering.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a slight and rapid trembling motion
Latin palpitāns, palpitant-, present participle of palpitāre, to palpitate; see palpitate.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)