from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Informal Outstanding in size, degree, or quality: a thumping success; a thumping party.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Exceptional in some degree.
- n. A dull, heavy sound.
- n. A heavy defeat
- v. Present participle of thump.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Heavy; large.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Unusually large or heavy; big.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (used informally) very large
- n. a heavy dull sound (as made by impact of heavy objects)
Sorry, no etymologies found.