from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to an elephant.
- adj. Enormous in size or strength: "the proliferation of superstores, superstadiums, [and] elephantine convention centers” ( Herbert Muschamp).
- adj. Ponderously clumsy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of elephants.
- adj. Very large.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to the elephant, or resembling an elephant (commonly, in size); hence, huge; immense; heavy
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to the elephant; resembling an elephant.
- Hence Elephant-like; huge; immense; heavy; clumsy: as, he was of elephantine proportions; elephantine movements.
- Made or consisting of ivory. See chryselephantine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of great mass; huge and bulky
Sorry, no etymologies found.