from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The business of felling trees for lumber.
- adj. Clumsy or awkward.
- adj. Heavy, slow and laborious; ponderous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The business of cutting or getting timber or logs from the forest for lumber.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Awkward; cumbrous; heavy in action; encumbering.
- n. The business of cutting timber in a forest and preparing it for market.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. slow and laborious because of weight
- n. the trade of cutting or preparing or selling timber
Sorry, no etymologies found.