from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The work or business of felling and trimming trees and transporting the logs to a mill.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of log.
- n. An act or instance of logging.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The business of felling trees, cutting them into logs, and transporting the logs to sawmills or to market.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The business of cutting and getting out logs or timber from a forest.
- n. A Middle English form of lodging.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the work of cutting down trees for timber
Sorry, no etymologies found.