American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An entry in a list or directory: the first listing in the telephone book.
- n. A list: a listing of physicians.
- n. Computer Science A printout of a program or data set.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of attaching a list or border, or of binding with list.
- n. A list or border of cloth, etc.
- n. The act of cutting away the sapwood from the edge of a board.
- n. The strip thus cut away.
- n. In agriculture, the throwing up of the soil into ridges.
- n. The act of making a list or catalogue.
- n. In land laws of the United States, an allotment or assignment of land by the government.
- adj. asking, as a price of real estate
- v. present participle of list..
- n. The action of the verb to list.
- n. An entry in a list or directory.
- n. computing A printout of a program or data set.
- n. A physical manifestation of a single item in a list; as a single twenty page (bound) listing.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act or process of one who lists (in any sense of the verb)
- n. The selvedge of cloth; list.
- n. (Carp.) The sapwood cut from the edge of a board.
- n. (Agric.), Local, U. S. The throwing up of the soil into ridges, -- a method adopted in the culture of beets and some garden crops.
- n. the act of making a list of items
- n. a database containing an ordered array of items (names or topics)
“Construction Specialties C/S, a leading manufacturer of commercial architectural products, and Perkins+Will, one of the preeminent sustainable design and architecture firms in the country, have teamed up to do something no building product company has ever done before -- create a label listing all of the product's ingredients.”
“The insert log should have a label listing the clearances that must be maintained to combustible materials.”
“The FDA may simply not have considered the use being litigated, and the label listing the FDA-approved uses is therefore irrelevant to determining whether the standard of care has been met.”
“Food containing pot would have to include a label listing all ingredients, plus a warning that the food includes marijuana "produced without regulatory oversight for health, safety or efficacy.”
“The seller appears to be one of the engineers, and the long description associated with the listing is a heartbreaking (and eccentrically punctuated) story of a beautiful, dashed dream:”
“And if there's anything we have taken away from the past several months, it's that each candidate for political office should wear a label listing their ingredients and detailing their loyalties and sponsors.”
“Fans of the sage will relish both tales while newcomers will get a taste that will send in search of the Harry saga a title listing included.”
“Previews World has this title listing as being available in June of this year.”
“Your listing is automatically moved to the front of the pack on Realtor. com in front of all the listings that donâ€ ™ t have them.”
“In May, its flag ship, Coca-Cola Classic, will get a new label listing caffeine content.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘listing’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
weak democracy, stand a chance ag..., whistle stop, special interest ..., voting machine, trumpeting support, voting power, to court votes, war chest, short-term observ..., soak-the-rich lef..., term of office and 930 more...
Words only (I left out the expressions) from Geza Kerenyi's EN-HU interpreters' dictionary. Most of them pose some difficulty when interpreted between HU and EN in either or both directions.
I'm sure someone's done this before. If so, please leave the name of the list as an item on the list. Thank you.
Looking for tweets for listing.