American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To bring up to date: update a textbook; update the files.
- n. Information that updates something.
- n. The act or an instance of bringing something up to date.
- n. An updated version of something.
- n. An advisement providing more up-to-date information than currently known.
- n. A change in information, a modification of existing or known data.
- n. An additional piece of information. An addition to existing information.
- n. A modification of something to a more recent, up-to-date version; (in software) a minor upgrade.
- n. A version of something which is newer than other versions.
- v. transitive To bring (a thing) up to date.
- v. transitive To bring (a person) up to date: to inform (a person) about recent developments.
- n. news that updates your information
- v. bring to the latest state of technology
- v. bring up to date; supply with recent information
- v. modernize or bring up to date
- From up- + date. (Wiktionary)
“The label update announced Tuesday is separate from a pending decision from the FDA commissioner about whether to strip the approval of Avastin for breast cancer.”
“They've also released a title update that fixes a number of bugs and exploits, which you can read about here .”
“Xbox Live Operations Blog attributes this to the title update and map pack releasing in the wrong order.”
“Unfortunately, the Stimulus Package doesn't function correctly without the title update,”
“The title update is required whether or not you choose to purchase the Stimulus Package.”
“According to Microsoft, the DLC was released ahead of the title update but the new content doesn't function properly without the title update.”
“However, the title update/patch itself (without the issue) is needed for both platforms in order to fix some main game items, as well as enable functionality for Return to Ostagar, and future functionality that benefits upcoming DLC.”
“The issue we saw on 360, which was introduced with the title update, also exists on the PS3 patch that was planned to go out with the Return to Ostagar DLC for PS3 - it is a console agnostic issue.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘update’.
The bang, the cannonade,
the bale, the hum.
Buzzwords of our time
random webdev lingo used primarily in computer programming.
( open list, randomness, technical jargon, geek speak )
ajax, user, admin, frontend, backend, database, sql, protocol, call, dom, layout, ui and 439 more...
An extensive list I have been working on for quite some time. Feel free to add more of the kind if you miss any.
Things that are instant.
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favourite word" and adds it to this list.
bumwank, calamity, recalcitrant, gayenese, jeeze, nonsense, flabbergasted, juxtapose, procrastinating, ossanity, biffing, loser and 1972 more...
If I've seen it, heard it, or marvelled at it, I'll stick it here.
Very basic words for ESL students.
The song by Daft Punk. Just add "it" to the end of these.
Because in this crazy place, technical feedback on site bugs goes on the page for the word 'bugs'. See also Meta Squared, plethora's list of meta lists.
Looking for tweets for update.