from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To overestimate the merits of; rate too highly.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To esteem too highly; to give greater praise than due.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To rate or value too highly; to overestimate.
- n. An excessive rate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To rate or estimate too highly.
- n. An excessive estimate or rate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make too high an estimate of
over- + rate (Wiktionary)