American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Involving, existing between, or connecting two or more states.
- n. One of a system of highways extending between the major cities of the 48 contiguous United States.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Existing or taking place between different states, or persons in different states; especially, carried on between the States of the American Union, or by persons in one State with persons in another.
- adj. US of, or relating to two or more states
- adj. US crossing states (usually provincial state, but also e.g. multinational sense).
- n. US A freeway that is part of the Interstate Highway System
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Pertaining to the mutual relations of States; existing between, or including, different States.
- n. An interstate highway, part of the United States Interstate Highway system.
- n. one of the system of highways linking major cities in the 48 contiguous states of the United States
- adj. involving and relating to the mutual relations of states especially of the United States
“It's not a large zoo, compared with the Atlanta Zoo, and the interstate is annoyingly near (almost directly on top of the elephants).”
“On the other hand, when it gets to the point that five or more prominent jurists will agree that an individual is engaged in interstate commerce when he plants a seed, and waters the soil in which the seed is planted, with the intent of consuming the resulting plant, well, there is no point in talking about constitutional limits to state power.”
“Modern Commerce clause jurisprudence deems relevant not just the activities but persons and things involved in interstate commerce.”
“Firearms are certainly products used in interstate commerce.”
“I like to suck the cocks of fat, butch truck drivers in interstate rest area bathrooms.”
“ÂThe were looking to push and test states who refused to comply with Âthe recent Supreme Court decision, Irene Morgan v. Commonwealth of Virginia (1946), which said racial discrimination could no longer happen in interstate travel.”
“The were looking to push and test states who refused to comply with the recent Supreme Court decision, Irene Morgan v. Commonwealth of Virginia (1946), which said racial discrimination could no longer happen in interstate travel.”
“My biggest problem with interstate driving, on any two-lane interstate, is the semi passing in the left lane.”
“Like speeding on the interstate is in the US … or like downloading copyrighted material is without the rights holders permission.”
“The measure “makes it unlawful for a person to sell or purchase a live animal of any prohibited wildlife species in interstate or foreign commerce,” according to a Library of Congress summary.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘interstate’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
between or among; mutually
Just another arbitrary list of words that come up for me today, June 20 2007
Looking for tweets for interstate.