from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Involving, existing between, or connecting two or more states.
- n. One of a system of highways extending between the major cities of the 48 contiguous United States.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, or relating to two or more states
- adj. crossing states (usually provincial state, but also e.g. multinational sense).
- n. A freeway that is part of the Interstate Highway System
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to the mutual relations of States; existing between, or including, different States.
- n. An interstate highway, part of the United States Interstate Highway system.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Existing or taking place between different states, or persons in different states; especially, carried on between the States of the American Union, or by persons in one State with persons in another.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one of the system of highways linking major cities in the 48 contiguous states of the United States
- adj. involving and relating to the mutual relations of states especially of the United States
Sorry, no etymologies found.