from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Situated on or coming from the other side of the Atlantic Ocean.
- adj. Spanning or crossing the Atlantic Ocean.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. on, from the other side of, spanning or crossing the Atlantic Ocean
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Lying or being beyond the Atlantic Ocean.
- adj. Crossing the Atlantic Ocean.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Lying or being beyond the Atlantic; on the opposite side of the Atlantic from the country of the speaker or writer; specifically, in Europe, American.
- Crossing or passing across the Atlantic: as, a transatlantic line of steamers.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. crossing the Atlantic Ocean
Sorry, no etymologies found.