from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to meaning, especially meaning in language.
- adj. Of, relating to, or according to the science of semantics.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to semantics or the meanings of words.
- adj. Reflecting intended structure and meaning.
- adj. Petty or trivial; (of a person or statement) quibbling, niggling.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- pertaining to the meanings of words.
- of or pertaining to semantics.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to meaning or the study of meaning
French sémantique, from Greek sēmantikos, significant, from sēmantos, marked, from sēmainein, sēman-, to signify, from sēma, sign.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)