from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Associated with the process of giving a name to a person or thing.
- n. A ritual or ceremony in which a name is given to a person.
- n. The process of giving names to things.
- n. The act of announcing the name of a person, organization etc.
- v. Present participle of name.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of giving a name to anything: as, the naming and description of shells.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. inclined to or serving for the giving of names
- n. the verbal act of naming
- n. the act of putting a person into a non-elective position
Sorry, no etymologies found.