from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The Christian sacrament of baptizing and naming an infant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The Christian sacrament at which someone, usually a child, is baptized and given a Christian name.
- n. Any instance of someone's or something's being christened.
- v. Present participle of christen.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The ceremony of baptism, especially as accompanied by the giving of the name to the infant baptized, followed by family festivities.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. giving a Christian name at baptism
Sorry, no etymologies found.