from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having meaning, function, or purpose.
- adj. Fraught with meaning; significant: A meaningful glance. See Synonyms at expressive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having meaning, significant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a meaning or purpose; having significance. Opposite of
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of meaning; significant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a meaning or purpose
meaning + -ful (Wiktionary)