from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of utmost importance; of outstanding significance or consequence: a momentous occasion; a momentous decision.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. outstanding in importance
- adj. of unparalleled significance
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of moment or consequence; very important; weighty
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of moment or consequence; of surpassing importance; critical.
- Synonyms Grave, serious.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of very great significance
Sorry, no etymologies found.