from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having two barrels mounted side by side: a double-barreled shotgun.
- adj. Serving two purposes; twofold.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having two barrels; -- applied to a gun.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having two barrels, as a gun.
- Figuratively, serving to effect a double purpose or to produce a double result.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having two purposes; twofold
- adj. having two barrels mounted side by side
Sorry, no etymologies found.