from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having no rifling within the barrel. Used of a firearm.
- n. A firearm having no rifling.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having a bore with a smooth interior, ie. one that has not been rifled
- n. a cannon, gun or other firearm that has an unrifled barrel.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a bore of perfectly smooth surface; -- distinguished from
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Smooth-bored; not rifled: as, a smooth-bore gun. Compare choke-bore.
- n. A firearm with a smooth-bored barrel; in contradistinction to rifle, or rifled gun.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of a firearm; not having rifling or internal spiral grooves inside the barrel
- n. a firearm that has no rifling
smooth + bore (Wiktionary)