from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Partially automatic.
- adj. Of a firearm that automatically ejects a shell and loads the next one, but requires the trigger to be squeezed for each shot; autoloading.
- n. A semi-automatic firearm, especially such a pistol.
- n. A semi-automatic transmission
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Partly automatic: used in describing many machines for the manufacture of duplicate articles in which the will and action of the human attendant is brought into play in the process.
Sorry, no etymologies found.