from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Explicitly allowed.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of authorize.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Possessed of or endowed with authority.
- adj. Sanctioned by authority.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Duly empowered: as, an authorized agent.
- Formally sanctioned by those having the right or power to sanction, as a reprint or translation of a book: as, an authorized edition; the authorized version of the Bible. Also authorised.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. sanctioned by established authority
- adj. endowed with authority
Sorry, no etymologies found.