from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characteristic of, unique to, or originated by a particular person or group: Throughout the campaign, the candidate refuted his rival's criticisms with a series of patented responses.
- adj. Protected or conferred by a patent or letters patent: a patented process.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of patent.
- adj. For which a patent has been granted.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of devices and processes) protected by patent
Sorry, no etymologies found.