from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Kept within certain limits; limited: on a restricted diet.
- adj. Excluding or unavailable to certain groups: a restricted area.
- adj. Of, relating to, or being information available only to authorized persons.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of restrict.
- adj. limited within bounds
- adj. available only to certain authorized groups of people
- adj. one of the classifications of the secrecy of an official document
- adj. qualified
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. restricted in meaning; (as e.g. `man' in `a tall man')
- adj. subject to restriction or subjected to restriction
- adj. the lowest level of official classification for documents
Sorry, no etymologies found.
If he had no say, then what's the point in using the term restricted free-agent.
Not only did Davis fill those shoes, he did it ... www. bostonherald.com 4 days ago - len Davis now understands why the term restricted free agent is an oxymoron.
It is quite easy to declare Lil Kim unladylike because that is a term restricted for white females.
Sir W. Hamilton has discussed how far we can be said to be conscious of the outer objects which we know, and how far "consciousness" ought to be held a term restricted to states of self or self-consciousness.
I am allowed to own property in restricted areas, vote, work, and be free of constant supervision from gov't agents.
The de facto Israeli strategy has been and remains to give Palestinians relative freedom in Area A, around the West Bank’s cities, while locking down "Area C" -- 60% of the West Bank -- for the use of the Jewish settlements and for what are called "restricted military areas."
Chief Executive Robert Benmosche will get cash and stock valued at $10.5 million, unchanged from a year earlier, though the Treasury's Office of the Special Master allowed the company to stop paying a portion of the compensation in long-term restricted stock units that don't vest for three years.
Treasury said there has been some modification for 2011 in the mix of stock salary and long-term restricted stock for the CEOs.
And the quintessential Area 51 conspiracy – that the Pentagon keeps captured alien spacecraft there, which they fly around in restricted airspace?
In the 1940s clothing fabric was in restricted supply because of World War II, and hats continued in demand because they were showy.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.